This Kamada Ekadashi is believed to fulfil all worldly desires of devotees (Kamada meaning ‘fulfilment of desire). In a year, 24 Ekadashis comes. Each Ekadashi got a different name and have their own significance. Kamada Ekadashi is the first Ekadashi in the Hindu Year and it is celebrated right after Chaitra Navratri & Rama Navami. As per the Hindu calendar, Kamada Ekadashi falls on the eleventh day during Shukla paksha of Chaitra month. As per the Gregorian calendar, it falls in the March or April month.
Like all Ekadashis, on Kamika Ekadashi all devotees pray to Lord Vishnu.
What to do on Kamda Ekadashi
- Donate sesame(til) and fruits on this auspicious Kamda Ekadashi day.
- Feed cow with green leafy vegetables.
- On every Ekadashi, try to recite Vishnu Shastranaam.
- You can chant also this mantra
श्री राम राम रामेति रमे रामे मनोरमे सहस्रनाम तत्तुल्यं रामनाम वरानने
Ram Raameti Raameti, Rame Raame Manorame ।
Sahasra-Nama Tat-Tulyam, Raama-Naama Varanane ॥
(If one Chant Shri Ram Ram Raameti once is equal to chanting the name of Lord Rama a thousand times. Above mantra is known as the Taraka Mantra.)
- One should always use amla juice while taking bath on ekadashi as it will help in removing all sins from life.
- In evening today, light a diya using cow ghee in front of Tulsi plant and chant mantra that time
OM NAMO BHAGWATE VAASUDEVAY.
Try to take 11 rounds of Tulsi plant and can above mantra that time.
By doing this, there shall be love and peace at home and no problem comes on any family member.
Many sins are removed if we chant above mantras. If one can keep fast, its also considered very good.
What not to to today on Kamda Ekadashi:
Don’t go for a hair cut on Kamda Ekadashi
Not to take rice, sago and sem on Kamda Ekadashi.
Kamda Ekadashi 2021
On 22 april 2021, it starts at 23.36 pm and ends on 23 april 21.47. One can keep fast on 23 april 2021.