Shani Pradosh Vrat
Shani Pradosh Vrat: In general, most of people fear Lord Shani Deva(Saturn). Reason being they think that Lord Shani will punish them but the fact is Lord Shani Deva (Saturn) rewards them based on their Karma.
Known all about Shani Pradosh
Pradosh is considered as auspicious day. When it falls on Saturday it is known as Shani Pradosh. It falls on the 13(trayodashi) tithi of every lunar fornight. Therefore, this day is celebrated twice a month – once during waning moon that is Krishna Paksha and one during waxing moon that is Shukla Paksha.
Devotees of Lord Shiva who keeps long day fast on the 13 that is Trayodashi of the lunar fortnight. Above fasting is known as Pradosh Vrat.This PRadosh vrat is completed after performing pooja in the evening (Pradosh Kaal).
Pradosh Kaal is like 1.5 hours before and after sunset.
Benefits of Shani Pradosh Vrat
Those who are childless couple can keep this vrat.
It is believe that in those horoscope whose Saturn is afflicted, if they keep this fast, then Lord Saturn may bless them.
Vrat Vidhi for Shani Pradosh
- Try to wake up during Brahma Muhurat on this auspicious day of Shani Pradosh.
- Take bath and wear clean clothes. Try to avoid ribbed clothes if possible.
- Try to do meditation.
- Chant Om Namah Shivay as much as you can specially on this Shani Pradosh Day with full devotion and dedication.
- One must Visit Shani Deva Temple on Shani Pradosh day.
- Try to main celibacy while keeping this fast.
- Avoid tobaccos, non veg and alcohol on this day.
- On this day devotee who have kept fast must avoid onion, garlic, wheat etc.
- Those who are observing fast, can op for milk and fruits on this day or like Kuttu, Sabudana etc.
- In evening perform pooja, take bath and wear clean clothes.
- Read Pradosh Vrat Katha.
- Ask for forgiveness from Lord Shiva and Lord Shani Dev.
- You can do some donations on this day as per your pocket.
Vrat Katha of Shani Pradosh
As per one of the legends associated with Shani Pradosh, there used to be a wealthy trader who was living good and luxurious life with his wife. That guy had everything in this life – name, fame, money etc. Only thing which was missing was child. Even after year of marriage, they were not able to become parents.
Both of them went on Teerth Yatra that is pilgrimage. They came across a Sage who was meditating. Husband and wife decided to wait for that sage who was meditating to take his blessings before they move ahead. That sage after knowing their issues, ask them to observe the Shani Pradosh Vrat.
That couple followed the advice of sage and after observing fast they came across good news. So those who are looking for child from long time, can observe this fast with good faith, devotion and dedication.
Shani Pradosh 2021
This Shani Pradosh is falling on 24 April 2021.